Pay only for what you need
The Dell|EMC NS-120 is a midrange unified storage system that removes unnecessary overhead costs associated with using multiple systems for different applications and prevents duplicate data from consuming valuable and costly storage capacity.
- Unified storage: The NS-120 consolidates multiple protocols including Fibre Channel, iSCSI and network-attached storage (NAS) into a single integrated system for greater cost and management efficiencies.
- The right size — Thin provisioning enables file systems and iSCSI logical units (LUNs) to be logically sized to required capacities and physically provisioned so less storage does not sit idle in a file system or LUN until it is used.
- Save space: File-level deduplication and compression increases storage efficiency with space savings of up to 50% for typical NAS file system data – without affecting the end-user experience.
- Excellent archiving: File-level retention provides disk-based, write-once-read-many (WORM) functionality, which is useful for archiving Exchange emails.
Be ready for anything
The Dell|EMC NS-120 supports a wide range of applications and use cases while never compromising on availability or protection. You can easily upgrade or add connectivity options without disrupting access to your data, which makes the NS-120 future-proof.
- World class: All data resides on a Dell|EMC CX4 storage system, which has a world-class reputation for high availability, scalability, protection and overall performance. It combines innovative technology with robust software capabilities to meet today’s needs and tomorrow’s requirements.
- Data availability: The NS-120 supports one or two X-Blades. Primary/standby mode is designed for environments that cannot tolerate any system downtime due to a hardware failure. In primary/primary mode, should an X-Blade fail due to a software fault, it will execute a fast reboot to come back online.
- Purpose–built controllers: The NS-120 uses separate dedicated data movers and back-end storage processors to store and retrieve data. That means there is minimal performance degradation during a RAID rebuild without hours of reboot and recovery time for large-capacity file systems.
- Breakthrough architecture: UltraFlexTM technology enables online expansion via hot-pluggable I/O modules, delivering industry-leading application performance and new levels of scalability, reliability, flexibility and affordability.
- Easy file access: Native block options allow multiple applications, such as Exchange and SQL, to directly access the integrated array via Fibre Channel or iSCSI.
- Powerful snapshots: SnapSure software creates point-in-time copies of file systems and iSCSI LUNs for backups and quick recovery of deleted files. Since SnapSure isn’t mirroring your data, it saves space and time.
Saves your most valuable resource: time
The Dell|EMC NS-120 allows you to deliver the right service level at the right time. Simplify disaster recovery, set replication recovery point objectives for individual applications and streamline operations with virtualization-aware management.
- Simple to use — The NS-120 comes with a simple-to-use, Web-based graphical user interface for configuring, controlling and monitoring the NS-120.Unisphere — a new task based management console — simplifies daily storage management for both block and file data. Provisioning, performance maintenance, and reporting can be managed from an at-a-glance system status and performance view.
- Superb backup: Celerra Replicator gives the NS-120 efficient, asynchronous data replication over Internet Protocol (IP) networks. You can create point-in-time NAS file system copies and consistent iSCSI LUN copies on local or remote sites. These capabilities enable you to back up and use networked storage resources more efficiently while keeping your remote copy and production data accessible at all times.