Simplify your server management
Maximize your business resources with Dell KVM remote console switches (RCSs) with:
- Enhanced firmware and on-board web interface
- Local and remote access
- Support for Common Access Cards (CAC)
Choose from a number of options to connect to the Dell KVM 4322DS:
- Remote use of the dual Gigabit Ethernet network interface or the modem connection
- The local port’s video head directly on the switch
- Analog Console Interface (ACI) connection in a tiered configuration
The Dell KVM 4322DS feature enhancements, include support for high-resolution widescreen video, support for Common Access Card (CAC) capability for smart cards over USB and Ethernet, and four USB 2.0 ports.
- Performance you need: Enhanced 16:10 and 4:3 video display, field-upgradable firmware and seamless integration with Dell servers and accessories.
- Security you depend on: CAC support with encryption for smart cards and password protection for local users.
- High availability: Support for dual Gigabit Ethernet ports for redundancy.
- Enhance productivity: At-the-rack access anytime. Remote patches and upgrades can be made from anywhere using virtual media.
Flexible and scalable
The Dell KVM 4322DS can grow with your business, helping manage up to 1,024 servers when tiered with additional Dell 32-port KVM console switches. You can also install software and perform upgrades for your data center remotely.
- Server Interface Pods
The Dell KVM 4322DS is compatible with all available SIPs, including USB 2.0 with virtual media/smart card support for servers and True Serial for accessing serial devices via Telnet/SSH.
- Easy installation
Enjoy tool-less installation for 0U and 1U rack space with the Dell ReadyRails mounting interface. The device can mount in the front or back of the rack and comes with a blanking panel.
- Peace of mind
The Dell KVM 4322DS supports Dell and third-party servers and serial devices and includes the technical support and warranty service you need to stay up and running.
The Dell KVM 4322DS has thirty-two analog rack interface (ARI) ports for connecting to SIPs attached to servers or serial devices and two power distribution unit (PDU) ports for monitoring metered or managed PDUs.
- Five SIPs — PS/2, USB, USB2 virtual media, USB2 virtual media + CAC, and serial — are available to address a variety of connectivity needs for servers and serial devices.
- One SIP can replace a bulky keyboard/video/mouse (KVM) cable by converting the signals and driving them up to 50 feet through a single CAT 5 cable. The SIP cable draws power from the server, and it is designed to keep the server working properly even if the Dell KVM connection goes down.
Easy to manage
Manage your data center using the Dell RCS software or the on-board web interface (OBWI).
The Dell KVM comes ready to use with Dell RCS software and is compatible with Avocent DSView 3 management software.
- The RCS software is a cross-platform management application that allows you to view and control the Dell KVM and all attached servers. It provides secure switch-based authentication, data transfers and username/password storage.
- The OBWI provides similar management functions as the RCS software. It is launched directly from the switch via a web browser, and any servers connected to the RCS are automatically detected. The OBWI also supports LDAP authentication, which allows permission for multiple RCSs to be managed through a single interface.