The Cisco MDS 9124 24-Port Multilayer Fabric Switch features 24 ports that are capable of speeds of 4, 2, and 1 Gbps. It also offers outstanding value by providing a flexible, highly available, and secure solution that is both affordable and easy to use, all in a compact one rack-unit (1-RU) form factor. The Cisco MDS 9124 supports the same industry-leading MDS 9000 storage area network (SAN) OS software that is supported on the entire Cisco MDS 9000 family of products.
The Cisco MDS 9124 can be deployed with minimal configuration and does not require any special training to operate. The Quick Configuration Wizard simplifies and accelerates the initial fabric activation. The Cisco MDS 9124 offers flexible, on-demand port activation; through software licensing, ports can be activated in 8-port increments. The default base switch has eight active ports.
This new product also provides:
- Exceptional flexibility and scalability
- Intelligent storage networking services at an affordable price
- A highly available platform for business-critical deployments
- Comprehensive security framework
- Simplified storage management
- Sophisticated diagnostics
- Reduced total cost of ownership (TCO)