Purpose-Built with a Focus on Reliability
|Dell customers have told us they need a server manufacturer that inspires confidence through its reliability, availability and quality of products. By listening to and focusing on what customers want, we’ve set a simple reliability goal: Deliver quality over time.|
We’ve designed the Dell PowerEdge R910 for reliability, incorporating features such as Intel® advanced reliability, availability and serviceability (RAS) capabilities; redundant power supplies; remote IDRAC6 connectivity; and embedded diagnostics. Internal Dual SD Module provides failover at the hypervisor—a reliability feature designed with direct input from Dell customers.
Our focus on reliability starts with product design and ends only when we’ve delivered by following a proven set of processes with rigorous validation. With the PowerEdge R910, we work to ensure reliability through:
- Employing robust validation and testing processes to ensure peerless product design
- Verifying that each supplier meets Dell’s stringent quality standards
- Utilizing robust, durable industrial materials to enable longer product lifecycles
- Introducing a Unified Server Configurator (USC), which helps to minimize downtime by offering embedded and persistent diagnostics with no media required
- Incorporating customer-inspired features, such as dual internal SD modules that provide failover at the hypervisor
- Implementing a "one-touch" quality-control process designed to ensure that one person is responsible for the entire server build
- Ensuring that every fully configured Dell server is tested—and retested—before it leaves the factory
Intelligent Platforms, Connected Foundations
By listening to and focusing on our customers, Dell delivers innovation that matters and value that lasts.
Virtualization, consolidation, unifying fabrics, networking and storage upgrades are driving the need for more robust network pipes, and servers have to be able to provide the connectivity to drive this need for bandwidth. The PowerEdge R910 is available with a 2x10GbB LOM option to meet those demands. This delivers the bandwidth for applications and value without limiting scalability by integrating 10Gb capabilities on a riser.
A Complete Management Portfolio
The PowerEdge R910 is simple to deploy, manage and maintain, saving you time and money to focus on what matters most—your people and business.
Dell systems-management solutions focus on simplicity, efficiency, cost containment and reduction, as well as an adherence to open standards. Our solutions are complemented by, connected to, and integrated with third-party offerings to provide a holistic focus across the solutions stack.
Integrated on the server, the Lifecycle Controller chip helps to simplify administrator tasks by performing a complete set of provisioning functions such as system deployment, system updates, hardware configuration, and diagnostics in a pre-OS environment—all from a single, intuitive interface called the Unified Server Configurator (USC). This eliminates the need to use and maintain multiple pieces of disparate CD/DVD media.
Also part of Dell’s systems-management portfolio is the Dell Management Console, part of the OpenManageTM software that ships free with every Dell server and provides IT managers with a consolidated view of their entire IT infrastructure.
Customers can build an efficient and scalable server infrastructure with standard x86 server technologies. The PowerEdge R910 is the building block for a standard efficient infrastructure.
- Dell’s focus is on helping customers reduce cost with a server created to help simplify daily operations, maximize infrastructure, and streamline deployment.
- Dell LifeCycle Controller was developed to help customers implement an effective process for deployment and comprehensive server management.
- This Dell innovation allows customers to simplify initial set up and configuration of new servers by auto-discovery and initial security configuration of system service processor with the already collected and available drivers, helping reduce time and potential error or disruption.
Dell provides choice with open standard server solutions based on Intel® Xeon® architecture combined with Linux® , and providing all the required characteristics—performance, scalability, reliability, security, and support options to help reduce data center operations costs.
The PowerEdgeTM R910 is in line with the 11th Generation PowerEdgeTM portfolio behavioral specifications featuring the same system design commonality and serviceability true to the entire portfolio. Dell PowerEdge servers are engineered with all external ports, power supplies, and LED lights in the same location for familiar user experience, as well as easy installation and deployment.
Dell provides a server foundation giving customers the peace of mind and quiet confidence to run their businesses.