Dell PowerConnect W-AP124 and W-AP125 access points are designed for maximum deployment flexibility in either high-density user environments or environments requiring above-ceiling or enclosure-based installations. These high-speed access points deliver wire-like performance at data rates up to 300Mbps per radio using the 802.11n WiFi standard.
|Includes Extended Life Warranty* |
Extended Life Warranty provides the assurance that your hardware will be repaired or replaced for as long as you own the product. *Warranty extends until five years after end of product model sales. Details at Dell.com/warranty
802.11n enables the use of wireless as a primary connection with speed and reliability comparable to a wired LAN. It can also increase performance by utilizing such techniques as channel bonding, block acknowledgement and multiple-input, multiple-output (MIMO) radios. Advanced antenna technology helps increase range and reliability.
Enhance your wireless mobility
Access layer networks of the past were not built for today’s distributed enterprises. Traditionally, networks were built with a focus on individual ports and physical locations rather than on the capability of the user or device to connect to the network.
Dell’s architecture enables a wireless user to securely access the enterprise network with a consistent, "always-on” experience with the Dell PowerConnect W-AP124 and W-AP125 access points. Uniform security and access control policies are applied to users in headquarters, branch offices, home offices or on the road. Users and devices securely connect to a Dell controller installed in the enterprise network core.
The controller directly controls Dell PowerConnect W-Series access points, managing their configuration, user connection state and policy enforcement. The entire network is managed by the PowerConnect W-AirWave® Wireless Management Suite, which provides IT staff with outstanding visibility and control of network users, devices and infrastructure.
State-of-the-art RF management
Dell’s Adaptive Radio Management (ARM) technology can adjust how WiFi clients interact and help ensure that data, voice and video applications have sufficient network resources to operate properly, delivering a great wireless experience for end users.
Key ARM features include:
- Band-steering dynamically moves clients away from the crowded 2.4-GHz spectrum and allows user-defined ratios of clients across bands
- Spectrum load balancing uniformly distributes clients across channels in high-density environments served by multiple access points
- Noise awareness dynamically moves clients away from channels beset by outside interference
- Airtime fairness delivers equal airtime access to all WiFi clients, regardless of client type, wireless chip or operating system
High-definition video and toll-quality voice
Dell’s PowerConnect W-Series of access points and centralized controllers offer high-definition quality video and toll-quality voice across the wireless infrastructure.
Key voice and video features include:
- Adaptive Radio Management (ARM) technology is designed to automate channel assignments, increase capacity as it increases coverage, protect against neighboring wireless LAN interference, ensure airtime fairness for clients and employ spectrum load balancing and band steering to help ensure fair client distribution across 2.4/5GHz frequency bands and multiple 802.11 channels.
- RF fingerprinting technology helps ensure highly reliable and high-quality voice-over-WiFi communications without disabling automated channel management.
- Dynamic Multicast Optimization technology supports more than 15 live high-definition multicast video streams per radio.
Powered by Aruba Networks
Aruba Networks ArubaOS® serves as the operating system and application engine for all Dell PowerConnect W-Series controllers and access point devices.