The value of information depends on its potential uses and can change over time. Data management and data protection are a means of getting the most value from information and avoiding the risks of not having the required information. Organizations should assess how their information is used, now and over time and implement processes and technology that meet the totality of needs.
|How To Purchase||Contact your Dell Sales Representative|
Dell archiving, backup and recovery is an approach to information management and protection that spans the entire life of an organization's data.
Dell's archiving, backup and recovery Services offer:
- Optimized solutions to help keep your data safe and reduce recovery times
- Reduction of total cost of ownership
- Comprehensive project management
- Simplified operations resulting from proven methodologies
The Right Approach to Archiving, Backup and Recovery
The Right Approach
Dell offers comprehensive services to help you optimize your technology, improve efficiencies, and minimize downtime with a tailored archiving, backup, recovery solution engineered to provide increased flexibility, scalability, and manageability.
At the conclusion of the assessment engagement, Dell experts will have identified a range of solution options and will provide recommendations for maximizing effectiveness and value.
Key activities during the assessment include:
- Detailing your full range of current and future archiving, backup and recovery requirements via automated discovery tools and interviews with key personnel
- Identifying possible risks and developing mitigation plans associated with an archiving, backup, recovery solution deployment
- Development of a comprehensive plan for protecting applications and other end-user application data
The objective of design services is to lay the path for success at implementation by utilizing best practices and proven methodologies -- with an emphasis on minimizing disruptions to workflow and IT infrastructure.
- Determining archiving requirements, appropriate backup windows and opportunities to help minimize recovery time to ensure you meet your service level agreements
- Creation of a scalable database infrastructure - including specific configurations
Dell experts can implement your complete archiving, backup and recovery solution - hardware and software - so that you can you quickly capture the value of the solution.
Implementation services include:
- Piloting of the archiving, backup and recovery solution
- Deployment of Dell hardware into your production environment
Storage Area Network (SAN) system includes storage arrays, switches, host bus adapters (HBAs) and tape backup
Network Attached Storage (NAS) systems can be easily installed on a LAN or integrated into an existing SAN
- Installation and configuration of powerful archiving, backup and recovery software including:
EMC® Legato® NetWorkerTM
Symantec Enterprise VaultTM
- Empowerment of your systems administrators to efficiently administer your solution as Dell's experts provide knowledge transfer
Take advantage of Dell's Enterprise Support Services to support your new solution. Dell provides a modular suite of robust offerings, covering system support and maintenance. At the core of this suite are four bundles combining alternative levels of technical phone support, on-site* services, and account management features designed to address increasing levels of system uptime.
For details go to Enterprise Support Services.