Dell offers a range of collaboration and portal solutions to help your employees find information and share knowledge quickly and easily —which is critical to today's Information workers and your organization. Dell's Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) services can offer the following benefits:
- Reliable access to critical information
- Reduced development time
- Proven deployment methodologies
- Rapid return on investment
|How To Purchase||Contact your Dell Sales Representative|
Tailored Services to Meet Your Needs
The Right Approach to Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
Dell has been implementing SharePoint solutions for our customers since Microsoft's first release of SharePoint - SharePoint Portal Server 2001. We have continued expanding our capabilities and experience through SharePoint Portal Server 2003, and offer demonstrated capabilities with Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007.
With proven expertise in content management, Dell is ideally positioned to help you understand and achieve the benefits of SharePoint Portal. Dell's expert consultants work with you to ensure a seamless, cost-effective deployment that meets your business and operational goals.
MOSS enhances collaboration throughout an organization's infrastructure and can therefore be a driving force in creating a more productive, secure and reliable technology environment. By providing detailed design documentation, a comprehensive validation strategy, and a mature deployment plan, Dell helps you assess, design and implement the most effective solution for your organization
Assessments are designed to help you make informed decisions to maximize the benefits of SharePoint in your unique environment. At the conclusion of the assessment engagement, Dell experts will have identified the full scope of solution options and will provide recommendations for maximizing value.
Key activities during the assessment include:
- Mapping of your organizational content, workflow and collaboration needs via automated discovery tools and interviews with key personnel
- Identification of key business processes necessary to ensure your SharePoint solution will provide sustainable and measurable value to your organization
- Evaluation and mitigation of risks of deployment
Design services lay the path for success by providing a comprehensive and detailed architecture and implementation plan - based on our experienced-driven best practices. At the conclusion of the design engagement you will have a complete understanding of how the solution can be implemented successfully in your environment with minimal end-user disruption.
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 on Dell PowerEdgeTM Servers and PowerVaultTM Storage Systems brings together a solid platform for implementation of collaboration, portal, workflow web-forms and content management. Our goal is to improve the way your organization shares information.
Our Implementation services include:
- Validation of the new design - including conducting pilot implementation
- Empowerment of your systems administrators and content owners to efficiently administer your new infrastructure as Dell's experts provide knowledge transfer
Take advantage of Dell's Enterprise Support Services to support your new solution: Dell provides a modular suite of robust offerings, covering system support and maintenance. At the core of this suite are four bundles combining alternative levels of technical phone support, on-site services*, and account management features designed to address increasing levels of system uptime.
For details go to Enterprise Support Services.
Tailored Services to Meet Your NeedsMicrosoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Service Offerings:
SharePoint Consultative Whiteboard Session —A half-day interactive roundtable session with a Dell SharePoint Consultant. The session is focused on helping you understand how SharePoint technology fits into your enterprise solution plans. The session also provides an overview of how Dell service professionals can deliver a robust SharePoint solution which results in a positive business impact to your organization.
- Interactive presentation in a casual environment to transfer knowledge of SharePoint technologies capabilities, functionality, configuration and development
- Resource sheet of additional SharePoint resources such as Webcasts, Web sites, books, newsgroups, and third-party vendors
SharePoint Requirements Discovery Assessment Dell will review and assess the current business and technical landscapes conducting a high level assessment of key areas such as current knowledge management processes, collaboration practices, workflow, and the technical infrastructure.
A critical component to deploying a successful SharePoint solution is defining the information architecture or "taxonomy". To help determine a high level taxonomy, Dell will review the current business landscape with focus around the intranet presence, current document management handling and storage procedures, as well as any other relevant material such as an overall document management strategy, business vision, and business goals/objectives.
Additionally, and just as important, Dell will assess the current technical landscape including technical infrastructure, directory services, email/messaging, client desktops, and current resource capabilities. This review will allow Dell to map SharePoint capabilities with your business needs and technical environment.
- Comprehensive report which outlines key findings, overall vision of the SharePoint environment, and a recommended approach for moving forward
- A high-level SharePoint infrastructure design diagram based on the assessment report.
- Detailed report of operational and technical risks associated with your current information structure
- Risk mitigation recommendations based on Dell's proven methodology, expertise and experience
FastTrack to SharePoint —Designed to quickly get your organization up and running with a collaborative SharePoint solution, Dell's FastTrack to SharePoint utilizes proven expertise to assess, design and implement a SharePoint solution that provides sustainable and measurable value to your organization.
The goal of the FastTrack is to understand how users will leverage SharePoint and which features meet business requirements. Since SharePoint is a highly flexible and customizable platform, the SharePoint FastTrack allows the users to shape the solution in a pre-production environment.
As a follow-up to the FastTrack, Dell will assist you in analyzing the use of the SharePoint pilot, and then design an enterprise-wide solution based on the user requirements.
- A high level report which outlines key findings, overall vision of the SharePoint environment
- A pilot SharePoint infrastructure design diagram including "As Built" documentation
- Single Instance SharePoint deployment in a pre-production environment
SharePoint Consolidation Assessment —Since Microsoft's initial release of SharePoint, organizations have implemented SharePoint to meet a wide variety of business needs. Often these deployments have been tactical in nature, and not necessarily tied into an overall IT strategy. As a result, several organizations have experienced "SharePoint sprawl" - the proliferation of SharePoint throughout the environment as disconnected islands which house mission critical data.
Dell's solution to SharePoint sprawl is our SharePoint Consolidation Assessment. This engagement discovers the SharePoint sites and servers within your environment and analyzes the function of each instance. Based on the data collected, combined with your overall requirements and IT strategy, Dell will design an enterprise-wide SharePoint solution for your organization.
- An assessment report which details the SharePoint sites and servers within your environment.
- A high level, enterprise-wide SharePoint architecture design
- A recommended approach for moving forward.