Migrating from proprietary Unix platforms to standards based infrastructure can open up a world of freedom. Dell Services can
- Simplify operations
- Reduce Costs
- Improve Utilization
|How To Purchase||Contact your Dell Sales Representative |
The Right Approach
Dell can help optimize your technology, enhance productivity, reduce risk and maximize Return on Investment (ROI) with proven expertise in infrastructure systems. Dell's expert consultants can not only simplify your migration effort but put the necessary infrastructure in place to enable your operating environment to scale as your needs evolve.
Phase 1: Assessment
- Discover and baseline your current environment, including Microsoft Windows, Exchange, network, servers, storage, and operations as Dell service professionals run automated discovery tools and conduct interviews with key personnel.
- Determine a migration strategy for all required server-based mailboxes, address lists, and other end-user data with recommendations from Dell's expert consultants.
- Evaluate and mitigate risks of migration
Phase 2: Design
- Architect a scalable infrastructure and design specific configurations with Dell's experienced consultants
- Create detailed migration plans with Dell service professionals for a complete understanding of how the migration will be conducted with minimum end-user disruption
Phase 3: Implementation
- Validate the new design and conduct pilot migration to the new system
- Empower your systems administrators to efficiently administer your new infrastructure as Dell's experts transfer knowledge
- Seamlessly integrate Dell's migration services with award-winning Enterprise Support Services to help optimize uptime. Dell can help support you onsite or over the phone with expert advice and technical assistance with a single-point of contact
Unix to Linux
Infrastructure Migration Readiness Assessment —Before you begin a Windows migration effort, Dell can assess your organization's current infrastructure and identify potential risks of migration along with the potential ROI. This assessment can also identify ways to best simplify your environment, reduce costs, and improve performance, scalability and availability.
FastTrack to Windows —Dell's FastTrack to Windows program is designed to help customers examine feasibility, validate assumptions and quantify potential savings of migration from a proprietary UNIX platform environment to a Dell/Intel hardware-based and a Windows software-based environment. Dell estimates the savings in total cost of ownership specific to a particular technology and will help you develop a proof-of-concept system to demonstrate the viability of running Microsoft Windows in your production environment.
Windows Upgrade —Dell has hundreds of employees with Microsoft certifications to oversee every aspect of your upgrade, including your potential return-on-investment following a migration.
Windows Infrastructure Design —Dell offers design services, which include application or system availability through the employment of best-of-breed clustering and redundancy solutions; scalability using scale up or scale out server platforms; load balancing through network hardware or software based solutions; and performance optimization through Dell best practices to include the execution of proof-of-concept or prototype projects.
Migration Planning and Validation —Using well-defined and field-tested processes and best practices, Dell can simplify enterprise management, help boost productivity and enhance data integrity by developing a detailed deployment plan for your migration effort, as well as a validated and refined solution design.
FastTrack to Linux —With a focus on pilot infrastructure design and deployment, proof-of-concept pilot and application migration, the FastTrack to Linux program allows customers to assess the feasibility of migrating from a Unix environment to a Linux environment. Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) offerings are available to help customers quantify performance gains and savings potential.
Linux Migration Readiness Assessment —Before you begin a Linux migration effort, Dell can assess your organization's current infrastructure and identify potential risks of migration along with the potential ROI. Geared toward evaluating the infrastructure within an existing UNIX environment, the Linux Migration Readiness Assessment can also identify ways to best simplify your environment, reduce costs, and improve performance, scalability and availability.
Unix to Linux Migration Services —Dell offers end-to-end solutions that can help you assess, design and implement your migration project, leading to fewer disruptions in your day-to-day business and a faster return on investment.By supplying a comprehensive assessment and baseline of your environment, Dell helps you rapidly move forward with planning and implementation, and provides project management expertise from start-to-finish to help ensure your expectations are met.