Dell Computer Giveaway
1. Contest Open to:
2. No purchase necessary to enter. Contest commences on March 19, 2004 at 8:00 a.m. EST and closes on March 28, 2004 at 12:00 p.m. EST (the "Contest Period").
3. To enter, purchase a Dell computer (each a "Qualifying Product") at the Websites located at www.dell.ca/en/dhs or www.dell.ca/en/bsd (a "Purchase Entry"). Each time you purchase a Qualifying Product from the Website, with the exception of purchases made using a Voucher Prize (as defined below) and purchases returned for a full refund, your purchase will automatically be entered into the contest. Alternatively, you can write an essay on why a Dell system would be great for your home or business. Please include your name, or the name of your business, address and phone number on the essay and mail it to Online Marketing Manager, Dell Canada Inc., 155 Gordon Baker Rd., Ste. 501, North York, Ontario, M2H 3N5 (a "No Purchase Entry"). No Purchase Entry must be postmarked no later than the date specified in paragraph 4 below.
4. There will be one draw conducted during the Contest Period. The draw will take place on April 14th, 2004 from eligible entries received during the Contest Period from March 19th, 2004 at 8:00 a.m. EST to Sunday March 28, 2004 at 12:00 p.m. EST. No Purchase Entries must be postmarked no later than March 28, 2004.
Prize will be awarded to the individual or the business that made the purchase or submitted the No Purchase Entry and must be accepted as awarded. Dell reserves the right to substitute the prize of approximately equal value for the prize listed above and reserves the right to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time, without prior notice.
5. After the draw, the selected entrant will be notified by telephone. In order to win, the selected entrant, or if the selected entrant is a business, a representative chosen by the business, must correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical, time-limited, skill testing question. In the event that a selected entrant (or representative if applicable) is unable to answer the question, cannot be reached within five (5) days of the relevant draw date or otherwise does not meet all contest conditions, the prize will be forfeited and Dell will draw another entry from the remaining entries.
6. All entries shall become the property of Dell. Dell is not responsible for (i) lost, misdirected, delayed, destroyed, illegible, incomplete or otherwise improperly completed entries or (ii) the loss, theft or misuse of any prize. Dell is not responsible for any problems resulting from mechanical error, including, but not limited to, prizes awarded or not awarded due to computer error or failed network connection, however caused. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Dell reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if illegible, mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
7. Winner will be required to sign a release form confirming acceptance of the prize as awarded and releasing Dell and its affiliates from any liability relating to their prize. If the winner is a business, the release must be signed by an authorized signing officer or other individual with authority to bind the business. By entering this contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, and photographs and/or likenesses in the case of individuals, for publicity purposes in connection with this contest without further compensation.
8. For the name of the winner please write to Online Marketing Manager, Dell Canada Inc., 155 Gordon Baker Rd., Ste. 501, North York, Ontario, M2H 3N5.
9. All decisions of the contest judges will be final.